Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26th - Wardrobe

As we've been going through all of our stuff in the guest bedroom and making room for the baby, I realized that I was losing my storage space for some misc. things that I didn't have room for anywhere else.  After brainstorming several different solutions, we decided to buy a wardrobe to put into our bedroom to house all of the "stuff".  It would take the place of the desk we have in there and don't use.  After extensive internet searching, I found a wardrobe that seemed to be the perfect fit at Ikea.  We headed over there one day after work to check it out.  I'd never been to Ikea before so John showed me the ropes.  After seeing the wardrobe we thought it was perfect so we bought it, got it loaded into the car, and headed home.  Unfortunately, I was zero help in carrying the VERY HEAVY boxes since I can't lift anything, but John managed without throwing out his back.  :)  That weekend we spent several hours working through the instruction book and getting it put together.  We're so happy with how it turned out!!!  It's perfect for what we need it for and it looks like it's always been in our bedroom.  Here are a few pics of the process of putting it together:

Just getting started.

Our quality inspector was making sure her Dad was doing it right.

She seems a little uncertain, but allowed us to continue.

It fits!

Assembly complete.


The drawers at the bottom now house all of our gift wrapping supplies.

Hanging shelves will really help to keep everything organized.  We also bought some green fabric to hang over the windows so that we can store stuff in there temporarily without having to worry about being neat.  This is a misc "stuff" cabinet after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment