Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12th and 13th – Mother’s Day Weekend

John and I knew that with spending time with both of our moms on Mother’s Day, there would be little chance of getting to have the kind of first Mother’s Day I was thinking of.  I didn’t have anything special in mind but I really wanted to spend the day with John and Landen.  We decided to have a family day on Saturday and then spend the holiday with both of our families.

Saturday, May 12th
When we go to Disneyland it’s almost always in the evenings so we’ve really never had breakfast in the parks.  I had read about some yummy pancakes available at Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel that I was dying to try so I told John I’d like to spend the day there (surprise, surprise).  Since breakfast is served kinda late we didn’t get up too early to get going.  Unfortunately we ended up running late and were afraid we were going to miss out!  We made it in time though.  The restaurant wasn’t busy so we got a nice table out on the terrace.

John ate the egg White, vegetable and tofu bake (silken tofu, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and cheese, topped with a sauteed mushroom tomato vinaigrette and served with fresh fruit).  He really liked it.

I got the delicious French toast topped with warm banana-caramel sauce, dusted with powdered sugar and served with bacon.  Holy cow the sauce was amazing!!!  It’s a good thing we don’t get there for breakfast often or I’d gain 100 pounds eating that stuff.

Landen played in his stroller and watched us as we ate.


After ate we went and found a spot out on one of the lawns to lay down a blanket and relax.  We had packed toys and books for Landen and magazines for us.  I was really nice to just hang out. 




I got Daddy’s iPhone!

There was a wedding going on in the Rose Court Garden where John and I got married.  I couldn’t resist walking over and taking a peek.  I stayed WAY back though because I didn’t want to intrude.

After awhile we took Landen down to the Adventure tower bathroom for a necessary diaper change (that tower has the built in changing tables I like).  We got a quick picture of the waterfall area outside the Frontier tower.

Next we walked through Downtown Disney.  We checked out the newly reopened Lego store with its giant Lego sculptures.  I could barely get John out of that store!!



We wandered down to the Grand Californian so I could buy a bottle of Magicale to celebrate my first Mother’s Day.  We had some on our wedding day so I thought it would be fun to have it again to salute being parents now.

After that, we were all getting tired (and hot) so we decided to head home where we played, relaxed, and ordered food for dinner.  It was a perfect day!

He finally figured out how to army crawl … and we thought he was mobil before …

I love when he snuggles for a nap … I know he won’t do that forever so I enjoy it now whenever he does it.

Check out the ear mark he left!




Sunday, May 13th
John’s mom wanted to go to Mother’s Day brunch on the Queen Mary.  We were a bit apprehensive because Landen has not been very good in restaurants lately – he’s much too busy and does not want to sit still.  We’re currently on a “restaurant hiatus” because it’s just easier for all of us.  Luckily Landen took a nap during most of the time we were eating so it worked out ok. 

We got up early to play.

And then took some pictures once we got dressed.


Me and my little man!

Then I got to open presents from Nala and Landen.  They did a great job picking out things they knew I would love.

Then we were off to the Queen Mary to meet up with John’s family and have some yummy food.



After we ate we walked around the ship a little bit checking things out and took some pictures (I need to get those from John’s mom).

That evening we spent some time at my parent’s house but I didn’t think to take a single picture!  It was a nice day and a wonderful weekend.  We are really lucky to have our families so close to us so we can spend holidays and lots of days in between with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment