Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2nd – Disneyland!


I had a hankering to go to Disneyland so I told John we were going to go as soon as he came home from work.  We had a fun time and were able to try out some new things.

All loaded up on the tram

Playing with the pinwheel on the stroller


Castle pic!

We decided to try out a ride or two in Fantasyland.  Snow White was first.

Then we headed to Pinocchio


Mostly Landen seemed to be trying to figure out where in the heck we were and what was going on.  He did well on the rides though.  Since I cannot remember ever going on the Casey Junior train, we decided to give it a whirl.  Unfortunately the line moved really really slowly, and Landen was in need of a nap.  By the time we got on the ride he was a bit of a zombie.  It was almost impossible to coax a smile out of him.  He was very nonchalant about the whole ride thing.


Nap time?

We’re on a train?  What’s that?

Family shot!

There’s a grin!

By the time we got off of the ride, John and I were hungry.  The Jolly Holiday Bakery Café had recently opened at the end of Main Street and I wanted to check it out.  We were excited to see that there was a very short line.  However, it moved slower than molasses!!  I’m not quite sure if we hit it at the wrong time or if it’s always that slow but it would definitely make me think twice about going there again.  (I guess we’ll have to go again to compare!)  While we were waiting in line I had a chance to take some pictures of the Mary Poppins décor.




What’s takin’ so long??

Once we got up to the counter to order I was told that the item I wanted would be a 15 minute wait.  We’d just stood in line for almost 30 minutes!!  As you can imagine I was not a happy camper!!  Fortunately there was some miscommunication so I was able to get what I’d originally picked without waiting.  John and I both got the same thing – hot angus roast beef on toasted onion roll, with carmelized onions, horseradish aioli, white cheddar, and house chips.  I also got a Practically Perfect Punch.



The sandwich was really good.  Mine had a bit too much cheese on it and it was messy as heck, but I’d definitely get it again.  The punch was not a winner for me.  It was kind of tangy cherry flavor.  Too tart for me.  I didn’t even finish it.

After we ate, it was time to give Landen a bottle.  We decided to give it to him on one of the benches outside the baby care center.  He only drank a little bit – stinker!  It is a nightmare getting him to eat when we’re out and about.  He took a couple of ounces though so I knew he wasn’t going to starve.  Afterwards we popped into the baby center to do a diaper change.  I love it in there and it makes diaper changes SO easy.


Once everyone had some food in their tummies we went over to the Tiki Room to check that out.  We thought Landen might like all the birds and singing.  He was definitely excited about the tiki gods in the waiting area!


Landen seemed to enjoy the show.  He didn’t get scared or anything.  I grabbed some seats next to the exit door just in case we needed to make a quick get-a-away but he did great.  He’s a mover and a shaker right now so he was wriggling all over the place! 




After the show I decided it was time to treat John to his very first Dole Whip!  (I can’t believe he’d never had one before.)  The line was really long so I hopped back into the Tiki Room waiting area to get our whips from there.  Much shorter!!  I found out that one of the machines was down and that’s why they were backed up.  John LOVED his first Dole Whip!!  Perhaps we’ll try to get one more regularly.


Landen was starting to get pretty tired so we decided to head home.  It was a wonderful evening and we got to try several new things!!  I love doing that at Disneyland.  Every time you think you’ve seen it all, something new presents itself.  Can’t wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment